Unplotted plot

What would a blockbuster be without a villain, what would it be without obstacles for the hero? You are an addict to pain, you live for the thrill. But only when it saves Graham City, only when it flaunts Pamela Reif's new workout clothes or when it's delivered in TedTalks with lots of applause.

What would my life be without you, what would it be without knowing you exist? I am an addict to your soul, I live for the hope. But only when you appear somewhere, only when you show up wearing those smiles and dreamy eyes or when you appear in my wildest dream.

What would your life be without me, what would it be to not know me? You are never an addict to my shadow, you live for the others. Still, when I am somewhere near you, I bet you feel nothing at all, or perhaps you do, only in the name of a friend.

Am I the one who would be slapped by this reality?  To never gain love like those romantic blockbusters? And what if I swapped my exterior with the ghost lines warm people write about? What then? There would be more than just hunger and loneliness in my poet's armory. More than only the concept of leaving. Cracks full of absence are finally filled.

Does love teach you how things can have permanence and do writing about it all make it stay? Because for me, the idea of love seems hard for me. Thee whom I know, do not know me as real as I do. 

Signing off,
side character of thee’s life. 

#brokenjames

By: Zaim Luqman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liking and Missing

Mom, I lied