Anomaly


(Image from Google)

This feeling is like a new nerd boy in the classroom with bunny teeth and a big round spectacles.

Maybe it is not that awful but it resembles the intense perplexity when I hesitate to circle A or B in the exam and ended up answering C and got zero. 

I exaggerate it, perhaps. But, honestly it feels suffocating like you are having a sore throat and you drink lemon iced tea instead of lemon flavored Strepsils. 

It is very strange; unthinkable like the prime time when Paleolithic humans discover that they can make an axe from a stone. It is surreal like when Thomas Edison proposed to the world that a tiny bulb can lighten up a bleak room.

Like you. 

Yes, you. 

You make me agitate everything I was confident about. I don casually my red flannel, ripped light blue jeans and my ragged beanie. Now, I deem myself as that new transferred nerd boy in the classroom with a runny nose and flowing mucus!

In front of you, I always want to act like I got muscles as those guys in the gym (though I am as thin as a skewer) and have a deep melodious voice like the night DJ who accompanies you before sleep or on the night ride. 

I never think twice, whether I want to call off a date or jump from the cliff (I mean from a gigantic rock at the river). I just did everything subconsciously without having to think -do you favor mocha or iced latte; do you prefer lame jokes or economy discussion; or do you like me or not?

My friends started to call me an abnormal creature because a strong man who rarely takes paracetamol (I wanted act tough even though I got chill and a severe headache)got a love fever and I skipped classes because I was waiting for your reply at 3.00 a.m. !

You get me into an intricate self-polemic. I toss piles of question papers and got no right answer. Because you never say you like me, but you liked my '2 minutes ago' Instagram's post. You don't say you want me but you get frowning when a girl approaches me (although it is for the headmistress's notice about the day I was absent).

Nevertheless, you make me explore new feelings and emotions that I am never exposed to. This is the inceptive of historical event in my entire timeline where I am assertive that I can make this works out and have you as my only bonfire that lights up my sorrowful night in the forlorn forest.

No metaphor, no jargon, no literature  

Let make it clear. 

Do you really like me,

or do you like the comfort I serve?

#budakdeep

By: Izwan Bakhtiar


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liking and Missing

Unplotted plot

Mom, I lied